“Just don’t worry about it. It’ll be fine. You worry too much.” How do you feel when you hear these statements? Well, if you are like me and are struggling with anxiety then you dread hearing these words. You see, the reason people have anxiety is because they worry. Worrying becomes a habit, just like smoking or drinking. Now as we know, habits take time to break. Worrying and coping with anxiety is no different. It is going to take time to break the cycle of worrying.
Do you struggle with any of the above physical symptoms? Do you have rapid thoughts that just won’t leave you alone? If so, it’s likely that you are experiencing some form of anxiety. I am currently working on coping with my own anxiety, and sometimes it does feel overwhelming. However, I know there are things I can do that will and do help me. I wanted to share some of those things with you tonight.
So, here are some of the top 10 things you can try if you are struggling with anxiety:
- Get enough sleep
- Eat healthy
- Meditation: I use the Calm app which has some background noise and short meditations to calm your mind and body.
- Exercise regularly: adaa.org/…ety/exercise-stress-and-anxiety
- Deep Breathing
- Have a worry time: this would look like scheduling a time either at the beginning of your day or at night to write down your anxieties. Spend 10-30 minutes writing everything you are worried about and then stop. Afterwards, do something relaxing or fun.
- Limit your caffeine intake
- Practice positive thinking: try writing down what you are grateful each day, or at least make a mental note of it
- Use essential oils: lavender and wild citrus from Doterra are my favorite! doterra.com/US/en
- Play with your pet: I personally love to cuddle and play with my dog. Petting her makes me feel calm and relaxed. Try it!
I hope some of these techniques help you. If you struggle with anxiety too, know there is help and that you are not alone.
Hope you all have a great night.